Our market-leading range of products includes:
- Dissolving wood pulp (DWP) – Sappi is the world’s leading producer of dissolving wood pulp, used mainly to create viscose staple fiber (VSF) for clothing and textiles, but also used in foodstuffs, household products and pharmaceutical products
- Printing papers – printed communications remain effective, cost efficient and powerful in delivering messages to and eliciting actions from target audiences
- Packaging and speciality papers – are playing an increasingly important role in an environmentally conscious world. Speciality grades include: silicone base papers, food grade packaging paper, premium quality packaging papers, paper suitable for thermal printing and tissue products
- Casting and release papers – are used by suppliers to the fashion, textile, automobile and household industries, and
Sappi is also investing in various biochemical technologies:
- Biomaterials and bio-energy – we’re further diversifying our business to derive additional value from wood, by extracting biorefinery products and producing energy from renewable resources, and
- Nanocellulose – using wood pulp, we are pioneering low cost cellulose nanofibrils (CNF) production with a unique patented process in line with our intention of seeking new growth opportunities in adjacent and new markets.