Among the highlights were:
Financial summary for the quarter and half-year
- EBITDA excluding special items:
- For the quarter US$208 million (2016 US$195 million)
- For the half-year US$409 million (2016 US$370 million)
- EPS excluding special items:
- For the quarter 17 US cents (2016 16 US cents)
- For the half-year 33 US cents (2016 29 US cents)
- Profit for the period:
- For the quarter US$88 million (2016 US$100 million)
- For the half-year US$178 million (2016 US$175 million)
- Net debt US$1,329 million, down US$323 million year-on-year
- Projects to increase capacity of speciality packaging in Europe and North America are progressing as planned.
- Imminent opening of a second-generation pilot plant for sugar extraction at our Ngodwana Mill in South Africa.
- Strong demand and favourable pricing for dissolving wood pulp (DWP).
- Strong sales growth and profit margins for the speciality packaging and casting and release paper businesses in Europe and the USA.
- Containerboard and newsprint sales in Southern Africa were particularly healthy.
- Strong cash generation supported our debt reduction programme.
You can download and view all of the latest results below, alongside our annual report for 2016.